Munich ....Land of Sausages, Beer and BMW


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Bavaria » Munich
June 7th 2008
Published: October 11th 2008
Edit Blog Post

MunichMunichMunich

Marenplatz
Munich or München in German means "Monk" in English and is named after the monks who first started brewing beer in this Bavarian region of Germany. Munich is rich with history and is simply famous for its sausages and beer of course.

It was our first time in Germany and for the first 2 days we stayed in a hostel located in the heart of the city called Wombat Hostel which was supposed to be voted one of the best and cleanest hostels in the world.
We booked a private room with an ensuite bathroom and it was one of the cleanest and most well maintained hostels we have ever stayed in. We then moved over to a nice 4 star hotel courtesy of Katharine's company as this trip was business mixed with some pleasure.

Over the next few days, we tried all kinds of sausages and german specialties. Great cheese and the tastiest olives and most importantly litres and litres of famous German beer.

We found it weird not being able to speak German and kept wanting to respond in Spanish. We still have a little of Argentina left in us....

You would find locals seeking refuge in beer gardens everywhere. Beer Gardens are traditionally set-up under trees that provide shade during the hot summer. Even Katharine who prefers wine, enjoyed a pint or two.

We visited a beer hall which Hitler made his first speech during his early days which (which was a flop) , enjoyed the local markets and visited the famous English Gardens (considered the world's largest urban public parks, and contains a nudist area, jogging tracks and bridle-paths)




Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

MunichMunich
Munich

Beer Gardens
MunichMunich
Munich

A real leardy meal of pork and load of meat
MunichMunich
Munich

Sausages....
MunichMunich
Munich

Local beer
MunichMunich
Munich

English Gardens
MunichMunich
Munich

Local Markets
MunichMunich
Munich

Another Beer Garden
MunichMunich
Munich

At the top of Peters Church
MunichMunich
Munich

View of the city
MunichMunich
Munich

Chinese Pagoda in English Gardens
MunichMunich
Munich

Can you pronounce it???
MunichMunich
Munich

Where you buy beer


13th February 2009

Munich
I would like to visit Munich one day as I am quite keen on different cultures and Germany in particular. I find the bit about hostels fascinating as I was to a hostel in Germany once and it was quite clean.

Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0703s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb