cold and wet


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Bavaria » Munich
May 22nd 2008
Published: May 22nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

dear blog

things not to pack with you on your backpacking trip through europe
1. your fake tits
2. at least three pairs of high heels

Alas I am done my tour with 43 other 18-30 year olds who were all about getting drunk throughout Europe. The good times is over!
I arrived in Munich last night and have met up with Nicky Jono and Lana and it is a blessing to see familiar faces...
Pretty relaxed day today. Might go to the post office, maybe do some window shopping in the rain.

Things I've seen:
White cliffs of Dover - had to get someone to pinch me
Paris - Hello!!! It's been my favorite city so far, granted that may have been because I was with good people and well rested and we saw as much of the city as we could in a day. Went to a Cabaret, and saw an amazing trapeze act. Drank champagne by the tower, went dancing until stupid o clock in the morning, saw sculptures in the Louvre I have only dreamed of. It was Amazing!
Switzerland - also spent with good people. We stayed at this campsite in a little valley town in the middle of the swiss alps and it was incredible. I could have spent weeks there. It was calm, and relaxing and the stars at night were breathtaking. Got introduced to Desperado...which is this beer from france that has tequila in it. Tastes good, but I witnessed the aftermath of too much of it.
Avignon - dirty city, but I saw a beautiful opera there for only 7euro. It was really cool. But I was all by myself considering the people on my tour are not really appreciative of the performing arts...they got drunk by the river instead.
Barcelona - exceeded my expectations. the architecture here is incredible. The markets were really cool. There are pet markets on the streets where you can buy anything from a turtle to a chicken. This is where I roomed with Team America (three girls from the tour) awesome. that is all.
Nice - The beach was beautiful. We had a pretty laid back day with some shopping and sunbathing. I love the ocean! We went to Monaco for a night and scoped out the casino. When we got back to Nice, this homeless man with no pants or underwear tried to hug us in the street. Long story, I will tell it when I can include large arm gestures and loud noises 😉
Florence - It feels like I didnt do much here. I think we spent most of the time at our really nice campsite. We played a bit of a practical joke on our neighbours and filled their bathroom with pinecones...it was hilarious!
Rome - SURREAL. I can't believe I was there and saw the things I saw, and touched the things I touched. A lot of walking, so my feet were pretty tired.

I was supposed to leave the group in Rome but I couldn't get into my hostel in Munich for another two days, so the tour leader invited me to tag along to venice the only catch was that I had to find my own way there. No problems and two free nights and meals in Venice (awesome)
It was really rainy while I was there, and the main square was flooded. I had to walk through knee deep water in order to get across. The mask shops there were amazing. I met this man who was making them when I walked in and we had this broken Italian/English conversation about the Leather Commedia masks he makes. I'll probably regret not buying one, but they were ridiculous expensive...poster and memories instead.

Yesterday I took the train from Venice to Munich. It was WAY longer than it should have been with detours and delays, but I finally arrived. The scenery through Austria was amazing. Ocean and Mountains make me REALLY happy!

Best be going. We're in Munchen for the next four days then off to Prague.
I miss home right now...
Hope everyone is well
xo
Anna



Advertisement



Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0375s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb