Prost!


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Bavaria » Munich
August 5th 2005
Published: August 18th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Today was a big day and a big night - for some. The sun was shining intensely, the people were outside, the streets were packed when we arrived in Munich. Awesome weather and awesome hotel - Holiday Inn! Finally, I can get some sleep in a comfy bed... or so I thought.

Our first stop was up St. Peter's Tower, a long long way up but well worth it as we got a nice bird's eye view of the city. Then, we stopped to see the Glock Rock - ehhhh.. let's just say it was a long 10mins of staring at figurines twirling around, knights poking at each other and grand finale of a hooting owl.

Shopping was next on the agenda! The birks here were soooo cheap, like 30E while mine bought from back home in TO were like.. 150CAD. We did buy some cool shirts from the Puma store. After shopping, we headed over to the Hofbrau Haus, a really big and famous 415 year old beer hall. Dinner was.. alright, Maciek thought it was absolutely delicious. I don't consider eating boiled hot dogs a nice meal but my Radler was good - a mix of beer and lemonade. We were basically all ready to go after dinner to walk around some more but me and my great ideas, suggest that we make our way inside the hall to get a donut. We found our Contiki friends aaaanddd... that was basically where everything got started. Steve and his endless Prosts got Maciek drunk after 2L of beer, I had another Radler, we shared a BIG pretzel and finished off the night at our hotel bar with RedBull Vodkas.

Tomorrow we're off to Austria for lunch!

-Nelly and Maciek


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0308s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 5; ; mem: 1.1mb