Overland 1972 - Day 5


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Baden-Württemberg » Heidelberg
February 17th 1972
Published: February 20th 2013
Edit Blog Post

February 17th 1972 - Day 5

As we were staying in a student house, I guess it was no surprise that the last people got up fairly late which was strange having been used to the strict time restrictions at German YHs. One of Margit's friends called Regina (a stunning beauty)promised to take us for a ride so that we could see more of the countryside around Heidelberg. We were driven to a mount overlooking the city - the view was very picturesque but alas the hazeness prevented any reasonable photographs. We had a good walk around before returning to the Cafeteria for a healthy sized lunch - roast meat, vegetables, fruit and milk so very good value. As Regina and Margit had afternoon lectures it was time to move on with the next stop Rastatt where another of Michael's students lived. Regina dropped us near the Autobahn and it was my turn to hitch alone. The 50 miles was achieved in three lifts - Karlsruhle to Exit for Rastatt to Hedwig's door - brilliant. Hedwig was an older lady and her nephew and wife were passing through from their skiing holiday. As Michael and Heather did not arrive for another 90 mnutes, I had a very pleasant afternoon with the family. As an extra bonus, Hedwig was a keen baker and so there were loads of cakes to add to my pleasure. Hedwig was extremely well travelled and a very interesting person. She invited two of her friends round for dinner and they were also very interesting and both had also been to Bournemouth (small world). So a brilliant evening and then to bed which had a beautiful and extremely warm slumberland bedcover - bliss ! This was the life.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0358s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb