Cannes France


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France
May 18th 2014
Published: May 18th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Cannes France

All the attached photos are in the Cannes area. We did not travel east along the coastline to Monte Carlo due to time constraints.

We spent one full day in Cannes taking in several areas around the city. One included the historic area of Le Suquet. This is the Old Town that was about 15 to 20 minute walk from the port up a series of concrete steps winding its way past quaint homes and shops along the walkway. Very nice views were provided to us after reaching the top. We then proceeded back down in order to catch the local bus to Le Cannet another historic area that is just north of the Cannes by just a couple of miles. It takes about 15 minutes by bus - stopping at all the stops along the way - and 35 minutes by foot back down. We enjoyed some of the sites and views going and coming plus a wonderful lunch with both white and rose wines at the top with nice views of the Mediterranean Sea below. We didn't see very many people that looked like they were from our cruise ship on our two excursions. We've learned that 90% either stay in close proximity of the downtown area where the ship docks or they take the planned bus tours - which we try to avoid but rather do our own excursions with local buses/trains.


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.318s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0312s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb