Day 17 - Saturday 31st December - On route to Paris


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France
December 31st 2005
Published: January 1st 2006
Edit Blog Post

We awoke in Grenoble to heavy rain instead of snow this morning. Thankfully, the weather improved as we drove North on route to Paris.

We stopped to enjoy the markets and patisseries of the medieval town of Baunne today, finding our snow feet as the footpaths were extremely slippery due to the snow slush and ice.

We arrived to find fine weather in Paris for New Year's Eve. Tonight, the group caught the Metro (which is free for New Year's transportation) to see the Eiffel Tower. We were there to see in the New Year and watched the tower sparkle on the hour.

We managed to catch the last train back to our hotel for a good night's sleep.

Happy New Year to all our families and friends in Australia!


Additional photos below
Photos: 23, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



1st January 2006

Wonderful
What fabulous pics of you all in front of the Eiffel Tower - particularly loved the one of Derric!!!
2nd January 2006

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Looks like you're all having a great time! From the pictures, it looks beautiful. Thank you Mr George for constantly updating this site. My apologies if one of my earlier comments inspired the reprimand a few days back...on brighter terms YOU GUYS ARE IN PARIS!!! I'm so jealous. Il fait tres chaud ici. Les fotos regardent tres beau. Il neige!...et la nourriture semble tres delicieux. Encore, je suis jaloux. J'epois vous etes ayant trop d'amusement (best word i could find for fun lol). --RoSiE--
3rd January 2006

Hello from Newcastle
Just happened to come across you travel blog via the NCC website. Read all of your entries. You have had a great time! I would love to do the same trip one day. Miss you guys. All the best and have a great new year.
4th January 2006

Almost done!
Hi Ty! Well not long now. We are looking forward to seeing you again and hearing the stories. It has been so wonderful having this opportunity to follow your treck across Europe. Blessings to all and a safe trip home! Praying for you...the Stuetz Fam.
4th January 2006

You're the best!
To our new family, We miss you already. When we left Paris, Leigh cried for a full hour. =) We are in Singapore now and it is weird to be wearing shorts and a t-shirt. Thanks for making our trip so awesome. We think your school and your parents should be very proud of you all. Love Unky Leigh and Aunty Vet P.S Rach- I found my glasses.
4th January 2006

We miss you already....
Hi Guys We are in Waterford Ireland and how sad is this we miss traveling with you guys so much we thought we would check what you have been up to since we parted ways in Paris... We love all the photos and we have been chuckling at all the memorable moments we shared with our North Siders... To those we didn't get a chance to say safe travels and good luck, we take this oppurtunity to send you a big Kath and Kim Bon Voyageee.. We look forward to hearing more soon... Thanks again Love Lisa and Sharon your new Victorian Friends... PS. We were thinking of you in our Castle lodgings last night, where they had a baby grand piano and what we would given for all you to be there, for a repeat of Sorrento...

Tot: 0.184s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 61; dbt: 0.06s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb