Travel from Antibes to Lissieu (nr Lyon)


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Rhône-Alpes » Lissieu
November 27th 2010
Published: December 3rd 2010
Edit Blog Post

Had a pleasant stay in the hotel in Atibes. It was run by two brothers who spoke good English. They love dogs and had a young pup which liked to nibble our shoes as we ate breakfast. Obviously the girls gave more attention to the dog than their breakfast. Checked out and had a quick walk around the rocks of one of the points, near the 'bay of millionaires' but we couldn't get far because those rich folk had blocked off part of the shoreline. For the 'Dirty Rotten Scoundrel' fans, the scenes for Michael Caine's mansion were filmed here, but we couldn't get that far.

Back to the autostrade. The roads are now a bit wider and better condition so started cruising at 130. You really don't notice it after a while - or more importantly - Eileen didn't notice or mind!!! Saw more snow cover on the mountains and patches at our level.

This nights accommodation was in a outer suburb of Lyon call Lissieu and was a two storey apartment near open fields which we could walk along. Daniel and I went shopping for the dinner ingredients at a HUGE supermarket. It was like Coles and Kmart combined, but with so much more choice. Trying to choose from 20 varieties all written in French was quite a challenge!!! Then went to another store to get a power adapter. Had an amusing experience getting assistance on the technical details of an adapter. Ended up have three store assistants and two customers all trying to interpret my questions. They were all very friendly and helpful, and Daniel and I had a laugh afterwards. To top it all off, I took a wrong turn heading back to the apartment and ended up on the autostrade again. No turn off until 15 minutes, so added another half hour to the return. Eileen and the girls were a little bit worried. Should I be sent shopping again????

Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 11; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0282s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb