Travel from Cinque Terra to Antibes


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur » Antibes
November 26th 2010
Published: December 2nd 2010
Edit Blog Post

Farewelled the Cinque Terra today. Location was great, accommodation good, breakfast very basic - we were spoilt in Rome and Siena! Headed up the coast and saw patches of snow. Surprising to see snow so close to the coast. The road along the Cinque Terra was very narrow but very picturesque. Finally joined the autostrade and then off we went. The road was very good but still narrow - so not ready for 130 kph yet. Passed some really interesting places but we decided to reach our destination ASAP - the daylight is short. Using the tom-tom has been great. Long drives for the kids but they coped well, and we have been listening to Roald Dahl stories on a CD set - that has been great. There is only so much Italian/French radio one can bear!!

Our accommodation this time is the Hotel Emeraude - all in one room this time - but it was split levelled which gave us a bit of space.

In the evening we drove into Cannes and checked out the harbour, beach front, some shops and where the film festival is held. Very cold! Get the feeling we will see more snow.

No photos sorry.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 17; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0281s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb