Driving Day heading slowly north.


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Poitou-Charentes » Poitiers
June 25th 2023
Published: July 11th 2023
Edit Blog Post

23/6/25 Driving Day heading slowly north.

Though it was a driving day it wasn’t too long a drive as we had inserted the Brantome, previous stop, into the originally planned itinerary so it reduced the miles to travel to next stop.

A pleasant drive through lots and lots of agricultural land, fields stretching for miles in all directions and full of sunflowers and potatoes and of course golden grain. Harvesting has already started and we saw lots of farmers cutting their crops.

We bypassed Poitiers where a massive amusement park Futuroscope is located. We saw some of that as we drove by but were not tempted to stop.

Campsite for the night was Camping du Lac de Saint-Cyr at Beaumont Saint-Cyr. Sunday, a big leisure lake and a gloriously sunny day.

The turn into the campsite was also the turn to the carpark for the lake but we were ushered through to the road to the campsite, past the visitors queueing for the lake carpark, and found a nice big pitch under the trees.
A little confusing at first as we were given pitch 74 and there was already someone there so we took 73 instead and were fine.
The campsite is on the lake side but there is a security gate through to the water’s edge as the lake is open to the public. We had a little key so could get to the lake and the café which also served the campsite.

We went to the campsite pool first for a swim and a cool down then to the lake as the water looked very inviting. It was. Really rather nice to swim in lake water for a change. I did notice the inside of my costume was a bit green later and had to give it a bit of a scrub !

This was a popular lake and the ‘beach’ was filled with families enjoying a sunny Sunday. We were only stopping the one night but it would be a pleasant enough spot for a couple of days. There are walks round the lake, a village to explore and a nature reserve though we didn’t visit.

Now well into our trip home and next day will be driving again but a lot more miles to cover.


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 12; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0674s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb