A long drive to Lower Normandy, next to the last stop..


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Lower Normandy
June 26th 2023
Published: July 12th 2023
Edit Blog Post

We love driving through France for so many reasons. The super roads of course, many long and straight, traffic always so much lighter than in the Uk. Very few traffic jams or holdups. Roadworks always seemed to be managed much better and don’t cause major delays. And then the change in the countryside as we drive along. Pretty villages with hardly any people about anywhere. Buildings which look as if they have been there for centuries and will be there for another couple more yet. And the different styles of buildings too. As we got further north and into Normandy the buildings have more pointy roofs, some timbered buildings appear and the roof tiles become darker. Just a delight really.

Our campsite for the night was a little odd. Camping Les Berge de L'lton in the little village of Breteull-sur-Iton.
Ok for a one night stop but no more and quite expensive for the facilities on offer which did not include bread in the morning nor grey waste disposal ! Think it has a lot of permanent residents. The electric points were a bit randomly located so we ended up on a pitch which was not the best for access with a car behind and had to unhook it.
There was a pool but the sides and roof were closed and there were signs forbidding opening so it was far too hot inside. I had a swim but probably the worst of the trip.
The site is next to a river but there is no access to walk along it nor to the lake we could see on the other side of the river. We strolled a little way into the village but found nothing much of interest so retreated to the campsite.


Additional photos below
Photos: 29, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0389s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb