a day in perpignan to get clean


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Languedoc-Roussillon » Perpignan
July 26th 2006
Published: July 26th 2006
Edit Blog Post

brits abroad are not abroad anymorebrits abroad are not abroad anymorebrits abroad are not abroad anymore

we got left a surprising note from the brits abroad saying they had to leave sharpish in order to get home quick enough. they wrote it on a sleeping mat!
we arrived in perpignan late last night on another train packed with backpackers.

i cannot stress how much i dislike the spanish trains, there are not enough of them, they break down (like the one last night), they are just rubbish.

however when they do work. its wonderful.
watching the rocky mountains suddenly flourish into greenland from castellon to barcelona was just such a stunning sight.

today we have planned our route for the following days and cleaned all our clothes.
perpignan is a cute town with interesting shops and sites, i like it.

Emily was lovely for letting us stay last night. much appreciation. she has the cutest cat called cookie.
we bought her a bag of sweets from this amazing sweet store in town. the girl that owned it looked exactly like Melody. Its just strange because i think that would be a perfect enterprise for my sister.
i'm not going to type much; french keyboards are ridiculous!

tonight its a night train to Nice! bring it on! then Italy and then Croatia.

let week 3 begin!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

first class little ladyfirst class little lady
first class little lady

the best train so far
she knows how to cleanshe knows how to clean
she knows how to clean

this is my first experience cleaning clothes in a laundrette, ofcourse i'm going to document it!!


26th July 2006

Wow
Glad to see you are having a fantastic time. Have a safe journey. see ya
27th July 2006

Spain Train alright on the Plain!
Glad you managed to find a train in the end! Enjoy the french Riviera! Love Dad G
6th August 2006

my doubles
are everywhere lately, very odd - and quite freaky! i am only just reading your blogs now, so behind - it sounds like you are having literally the time of your life! AMAZING! miss you!

Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0426s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb