Aquarama


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Valencian Community » Benicasim
July 24th 2006
Published: July 24th 2006
Edit Blog Post

BRITS ABROADBRITS ABROADBRITS ABROAD

yes this is the brits abroad crew on a misson at benicasim
All is well in the small town of benicassim.
We are spending our last full day checking train times and trying to get accomodation in Croatia.

The last few days have been a mixture. Me and Laura queued at the Benicassim train station for 2 hours, then to be told that all the trains were fully booked..
This town just cannot handle a festival.
Luckily for us we had some nice chaps behind us over hear our woes and they took pitty on us, they had tickets that they couldn´t use on the trains because they needed to get to Barcelona earlier, so they sold them to us! For cheaper than what they payed. fantastic.

We had some lovely Sangria and enjoyed a night of the Kooks, Lauras first experience of being "on the shoulders" at a festival. She loved it.
Franz Ferdinand and 2 Many Djs too.

Yesterday to get away from the sand and relax from the night before we went to the water park they have here called "Aquarama", it was awesome.
I haven´t been to something like that since choirwood days!

In the evening we enjoyed the music of Yann Tierson, We Are
sleepy camperssleepy camperssleepy campers

this was how it ended up every morning at benicasim. love it
Sciencetists, Art Brut and Madness. Art Brut had to play a set that was 3 times as much as the one album they have out in the shop, to fill up the set they played a We Are Sciencetists tune with the lead singer which was quite a treat i guess?! I also liked the fact that the Art Brut lead guy decided to read out as many acts he could that were playing at the festival and add "top of the pops" on afterwards..
One of the acts playing is called Chloe.. so that was good.
CHLOE AND LAURA TOP OF THE POPS... indeed.

Also! something amazing, one of the boys near Brighton that we have been hanging out with, his Dad offically writes the sheet music out for all the different instruments in Andrew Llyod Webber musicals.. yes i was in ore. We had a good chat about starlight express.

Okay, i am off to sort of the rest of our journey..
Thankyou for all the messages, they are much appreciated.

See you in Perpignan with clean clothes and rested feet.
(Carl and his girlfriend are awesome for letting us stay)






Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

bomb sitebomb site
bomb site

packed with sweaty indie kids


25th July 2006

Enjoy being clean
All sounds very good - apart from the on the shoulders bit not sure about that from a parenting point of view! Enjoy France. Love you lots M xo
6th August 2006

2 Many Djs...
Wow! How were they? I want to see them again! I miss all my festivals, have to wait til next year now as it is mighty cold where i am right now and camping anywhere would be ridiculous!

Tot: 0.107s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0504s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb