Paris Sans Enfants!


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
May 4th 2013
Published: July 7th 2013
Edit Blog Post

After the longest spell in the UK for over 16 years (nearly 13 months), we have broken the duck with a quick getaway to Paris - without the kids.

I'll apologise for the brevity of this entry as there isn't too much we can write about what we got up to (Paris + no kids = ??????), and didn't do anything out of the ordinary either!

Sally very cleverly won a return trip in a competition at work last summer - thanks "the Big Kick" - and we decided to wait until Hector was old enough to be left for a couple of days, which coincided with our 4th wedding anniversary too.

Eurostar was dead easy - and very comfortable with standard premiere tickets.... St Pancras is a great departure point - Gare de Nord a bit of a disappointment to arrive in Paris. We jumped straight on the Metro to our hotel south of the river and after a quick freshen up found a lovely little restaurant full of locals - and not so local. It attracts custom from the suburbs such is the popularity and quality of its food - which was delicious. So good in fact that we ate there again the following night!

Saturday was spent pushing boats around a lake, riding Boris Bikes around the city - taking Sally's old apartment in near Rue St Denis. A quick stop at le Louvre and then cycling up the Champs Elysees as Sir Bradley Wiggins and Mark Cavendish did so successfully last summer - albeit not quite as quickly!

Time was spent chilling at Sacre Coeur - watching a guy juggle footballs up a lamp post! Finding a cafe for a croque monsier and eventually ending up on a boat ride to finish the day off.

We found an exceptional restuarant so ate there both nights (it also happended to be close to the hotel). The food was delicous, very french and very popular - no bookings alloowed so had to wait a fair bit of time for a table, but it was worth it - can't remember it's names ut know ow to find it idf needed.

Sunday we had a trip up the eiffel tower booked and were blessed with beautiful weather so the views were great. The rest of the day centred around getting back to gare du
Hotel de VilleHotel de VilleHotel de Ville

Boris Bikes
nord for our return trip - so very quiet and mainly having coffess and sandwiches!

A great break and the first time we had both been back to Paris for wll over ten years!


Additional photos below
Photos: 32, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

MetroMetro
Metro

The artist was called "Hector"!
StuckStuck
Stuck

a la austin powers!


Tot: 0.155s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 15; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0544s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb