Paris: Part 2


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
July 24th 2006
Published: July 24th 2006
Edit Blog Post

After San Sebastian i needed a rest day, so my time to see things in Paris was a bit limited. Nonetheless i still managed to go to Versailles which was spectacular. We went on Bastille Day, after watching some parades. The sheer luxury of the place is astounding and even after all the royal palaces i have been to, this one takes the cake. The gardens were absolutely beautiful in a very tame and manicured way, i could definitely imagine Jamie and Claire wandering through them Mum.
I also managed to get in a show at the famous or infamous, im not sure, Moulin Rouge. Very expensive but worth it in my books. We had really good seats and sat and drank champagne, not sparkling wine and watched some amazing things.
I also took a bike tour, which was almost as hairy as driving in Spain. The one thing that saved us was the safety in numbers concept. We stopped traffic quite a few times and it was pretty scary....luckily we didnt go anywhere near the roundabout at the Arc de Triomphe! After the tough bike ride, we went on a river cruise down the Seine which was lovely. Met some awesome people on the ride and our guide was hilarious.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Bike TourBike Tour
Bike Tour

Taken on the move
Bike TourBike Tour
Bike Tour

Notre Dame
Bike TourBike Tour
Bike Tour

The Louvre
CruiseCruise
Cruise

Mmm, i wonder what that is?


Tot: 0.355s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0776s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb