"And in the morning, im makin waffles"....


Advertisement
Published: July 28th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Sorry for the obscure title, but it kept popping into my head as i wandered around Brugge, smelling all the waffles. Its from Shrek if anyone was wondering. Brugge was an interesting town, full of lots of different smells...not all good let me assure you. There was a big town square and as we were in Belgium I thought it pertinent to go to a chocolate museum. Found out about the history of chocolate and all that jazz, saw some wicked chocolate sculptures but i was waiting for the end. We watched a chocolatier make some chocolates and then we got to taste them..yum!
The hostel we stayed at was pretty ordinary with the toilest being down a flight of stairs and through the bar....so good luck to you if had to use the bathroom when the bar was filled with people! One good thing about it was that beer was CHEAP...and good. 1 euro beers during happy hour!
After wandering around the town eating chocolate and waffles (best waffles in the world I might add very droolworthy) all day, the next day we decided we should do some excercise and ride to the beach. All seemed very easy, we had a map and everything. So despite warnings of getting lost we set off with our trusty (old) steeds. In an aside I might note that most bikes in europe are old. And the new ones are in the old style. Something to do with getting stolen all the time. Anyways, the journey was about 20 ks and we made it there in about 2 hours, not getting too lost so we were pretty proud. The beach turned out to be very ordinary with tankers in the harbour and people everywhere so we decided against swimming and left after lunch. The others in our group rode back while Georgia and I tried to find some thongs, as mine had broken the day before. You wouldnt think this would be very hard given that it was summer but apparently nobody in brugge stocks normal black thongs. So we gave up and started the ride back. We must have taken a wrong turn because we ended up riding up the coast about 20 ks more than was necessary. By the time we got back we were done in and I seriously could not sit down my bum was that sore. Wandered around the next day again, more waffles then caught the bus to Amsterdam.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.222s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0364s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb