Bastille Day


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
July 14th 2006
Published: July 26th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Had arrived in Paris the night before and this morning got up and caught the metro to Rambuteau to meet up with Kates family. They had an amazing apartment right near the Pompidou centre, central to all the sights, especially the Notre Dame.
As it was Bastille day we headed down to the Champs Elysees for the Bastille parade. It was an amazing show of military power adn nationalism. Something that would neer be done in Aus.
THere were row upon row of jets, aircraft adn helicopters, people marching, motorbikes, tractors, rocket launchers, tanks adn cavalry. French flags lined the streets and it was all very patriotic.
We ended up walking all the way back to the apartment, because its so flat and you just lose track of time. We saw some very attractive French police or army officers on the way back adn both Di and I were very appreciative, no one has measured up since!
Walking to a Japanese resturant that night we discovered some areas that would become the running joke. One Bar called 'The Bears Den' was full of middle-aged men, all gay and was packed to the rafters no matter what time of day you went past.We found it extremely amusing walking past especially because Russel was wearing his pink Ralph Lauren shirt, and picked up a few perves.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.041s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0197s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb