Post Jones Paris!


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
September 3rd 2008
Published: September 3rd 2010
Edit Blog Post

This was Joe being a legend when he found out I'd split up with Jones and was a bit of a heartbroken mess. He sent me tickets on the Eurostar to come visit for the indoor festival hip-hop thing. Some artists were playing that I’d been dying to see for ages, so I was so excited. It was real cool getting the train there, just felt like getting any other train really, except you get off and you’re in, you know, a different country. Joe picked me up that night on his Vespa (which was real cute) and we had a little drive around the dark Parisian streets just chatting before we back to his. Some of his mates were there, Duncs and PK, PK’s girlfriend and a couple more. The first night we ended up all wandering round really, taking some beers and wine up to the Sacre Couer steps and getting merry. The night continued and we ended up on the...big fan....outside the Moulin Rouge for a good couple of hours. I don’t really know what was so phenomenal about it, but it was well entertaining at the time.

The next day we did a bit of touristy things, up the Arc de triomphe and all that. It was the big hip hop night that night and we were well excited for it. It was only me out of the girls that really likes that kind of music so the other girls went out for drinks with Chaz. We got the Metro there and sneaked dome drink in and it was such, such a cool night. We saw Nas, The Pharcyde and De La Soul. Brilliant......De La Soul were well racist though (shouted ‘put your hands up if you’re not a white rat’. Ha!) Anyway we were well hyped up by the time we left and went to meet Chaz and the girls. From there we just carried on and it was such a funny night. Until that is, we left the bar at closing time. There was one of the rental bikes leaned up against a railing as we walked out and Joe jumped on it and started messing around, showing off and making everyone laugh. Three seconds later the Gendarme were behind him, all stern and French and uniformed. No amount of persuading, cajoling, explaining would make them change their expression though. Before we knew it he was bundled into the car and driven off. We’d been trying every tack with them and to see them just drive off as we were standing there on the street was just...bewildering. I kept telling the baffled Chaz that they were just trying to scare him and he’d probably be back before us. I honestly believed that too. But he wasn’t. He wasn’t there when we all woke up either. We couldn’t do anything but laugh. It was so bewildering! I was leaving that morning so we went for breakfast...croissants and a bowl of hot chocolate to dip them in...so fit! Anyway, a little while after we got back to the house..Joe bursts through the door. All hair on end, last nights clothes, wild eyes. Grinning. He explained his ordeal of being strip searched, drugs tested and being left handcuffed to a hospital bench throughout the night. Parisian police system is such a treat. We honestly had to laugh at the bizarre-ness of it all.
I shot off to get my train back anyway and couldn’t stop giggling guiltily whenever I thought of him chained to that bench, with his hair all on end.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.28s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0466s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb