Merci! Oui Oui!


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
March 3rd 2009
Published: March 3rd 2009
Edit Blog Post

3rd day in Paris...it's an amazing city. I have extremely limited time on this computer because Paris is the king of expensive. Dave and I have done ridiculous amounts the past couple days. Neither of us can feel our legs and Dave can't feel his feet. We walked all over the city yesterday and saw the famous sites, came in contact with some not so sly pick pockets. Dave is hilarious because i'm not sure a pick pocket would know what to do when they get to him! He even sets up booby-traps in the hostel room while we're sleeping. I've documented it all.
We wen tand bought pastries last night and went and watched the lights on the eiffel tour. Very cool. We also have eaten parisian food. very very good. We've been splitting everything though since its all so expensive. today we went to a supermarket and bought meat and a baguette and had a picnic. we then went to the catacombs which is about a mile of dead bodies under teh city that you can walk through. it was lovely. We didn't make it to versaille because it was too expensive to get there, but dave and i have discussed it and there will be another trip back to paris. i could spend months here just lounging around the cafe's and eating pastries. yum. dave and i are managing alright as well, only a couple fights in the middle of the train stations. nothing too serious. i'm sure the french don't mind us yelling and storming in different directions. they pretend not to notice you anyway. Dave and i defintiely don't speak any french. basically merci is about as complicated as we get. Dave just sends me into all the shops to ask for food and whatnot. he then comes behind me as i stutter along and says MERCI.
anyway i think my time will run out very soon. tomorrow morning we're headed off to amsterdam. woo! i will try and keep writing when i can


Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0432s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb