Day 19 - Monday 2nd January


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
January 3rd 2006
Published: January 5th 2006
Edit Blog Post

The group transferred between hotels this morning, signalling the end of our Cosmos Tour. We made many new friends and were pleased our fellow travellers actually enjoyed the company of our school group.

The group made their way directly to the Arc de Triomphe and began exploring/shopping on the Champs Elysee.

This afternoon, the group explored the extensive Louvre museum. Highlights included the Mona Lisa, the painting of Venus and Napoleon’s apartment. (not to mention the free entry granted to students under 18). Most had very sore feet after trying to see as much of the collection as they could manage. It is so large, it apparently would take more than 5 weeks to view everything in the Louvre, spending just 10 seconds looking at each exhibit.

We then continued to walk the Champs Elysee, Jardin Tuilleries as well as Place de la Concorde. The group walked 4 kilometres in total this evening.

On our return to the hotel, we had dinner with Claire Webster - a NCC student currently on exchange in Paris.


Additional photos below
Photos: 26, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.279s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 9; qc: 60; dbt: 0.1377s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb