A Date with a Famous Lady


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
September 25th 2008
Published: September 28th 2008
Edit Blog Post

On the cards for today was the Louvre and the Champs Elysees.

It was an early start so we could beat the crowds so we made it to the Museum by 10. We headed straight up to the second floor to see the most famous lady of all, Mona Lisa. It was great to see it but I'm really not sure what the fuss is all about. We also saw another famous lady, the Venus de Milo, who I think is more amazing seeing as sees over 2000 years old.

The Louvre is huge and we saw a lot of great things but after three hours we were ready move on. The walk through the Tuileries Gardens and the Champs Elysees was great. It was a beautiful day and there were lot of people around enjoying the sun.

We ended up sharing a pizza at a cafe along the Champs Elysees which was great. To my surprise a €10 beer ($18) tasted the same as a $5 one back home but it was fun to people watch and rub shoulders with the other side. The waiter was your typical rude frenchman which added to the whole experience.

After that we headed up to the Arc de Triomphe which was another tick on the things to do. We didn't walk up to the top as we were a bit exhausted by this time.

It was getting late by this time and Paige wanted to check out Galeries Lafayette, a big department store in Paris. I left her too it and headed back to the hotel to start packing.

To end off our stay in Paris we went out for a good french meal and the guy at the front counter recommended a place just around the corner. It was a great meal and we even sparked up a conversation with an older french couple sitting next to us. The food really was amazing and it was a perfect end to a great few days in Paris.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

LunchLunch
Lunch

Mmmmmm $18 beer!!!!


29th September 2008

Lucky You!
Hey Kidlets! Ten years ago I had enough energy to walk up to the top of the Arc de Triomphe after a long walk up the Champs Elysee and environs! What's going on? Maybe all that over indulgence in beautiful food and drink has caught up with you? And Paige! I'm glad you still have your arms! And how many extra bags do you have after all that shopping? Looking forward to seeing you and indulging in all your memories and photos. Love Mum

Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0428s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb