The Weekend That Never Was


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
September 26th 2008
Published: September 28th 2008
Edit Blog Post

After arriving in London via a trip on the Eurostar we made it to Conrad's place, my mate that met us in Croatia. He was still at work so we made our selves at home immediately. He's got a big projector TV and cable so I rekindled my relationship with the other love of my life.... TV. Paige went out for a walk to check out the local shops and I put on a load of washing which was desperately needed.

Conrad got home around 6:30 and we decided to head out for a few drinks and a meal at his local, a very cool pub with a beer garden out the back. We left there just before 11 to make it to Tesco's (the grocery store) before it closed to get some meat pies. "Meat pies" I hear you say... for the big game of course, the Hawkies played the Cats on the AFL grand final and we planned on seeing it live. We got home and had a few night caps and then hit the sack with our alarms set for 5:30. Unfortunately my phone was still on Paris time so the alarm actually went off at 4:30. Back to sleep for an hour and then we groggily woke up for the first bounce. It was a great game with the Hawkies winning of course, and the meat pies in the second half were awesome. After the game we hit the sack again to catch up on some sleep. We woke up around midday nursing a bit of a hangover and didn't really do much. The plan was to head out that night to catch up with some friends of Conrad's he hadn't seen in a while. So I'm ashamed to say we just lazed around the house and watched the Formula One qualifying rounds.

So at around 5:30 we headed into town to meet some people at Piccadilly Circus. There were people everywhere, easily the most crowded we'd seen anywhere on our travels. We ended up having a few drinks and a good meal at Waxy O'Conners, a very cool pub with lots of little Nooks and Crannies to have a quiet drink. The Irish Stew was also great. We then headed to the famous 'Tiger Tiger' a club thats been a staple of London nightlife for years. It's a huge place and we had a ball drinking and daggy dancing, a bit too much of both actually. Paige was striking up conversations with the local girls, the ultimate wing man. Paige and I left around 1am and left Conrad and his mates to improve international relations with a contingent from Brazil 😉

Of course Sunday was also a write-off, we woke up late again and watched the actual grand prix. Paige got up the courage to head into Oxford Street and shop up a storm, so we left her to it.

At the moment Conrad is cooking us a Sunday roast which smells great so tomorrow we'll have the energy to hit the sites.

It's been a beautiful weekend in London and like I said I'm ashamed to say that we haven't seen any of it. Oh well it's all part of the adventure and knowing Murphey's law the next few days will be miserable weather. Lets hope not.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 10; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0442s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb