The Louvre and Montmatre


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
July 14th 2008
Published: July 14th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Students had a wonderful time in Disneyland yesterday and today was an equally good day, and it’s not over yet. It was an early start as we set off to see the Bastille Day Parade along the Champs Elysee. However, once we saw the crowds we quickly changed our plans and went to the Louvre that was virtually empty because everyone was out watching the parade. Once the Mona Lisa and the Venus de Milo had been seen, we dashed to a vantage spot to see the flyover. It was an amazing spectacle. After that it was lunch and shopping in Montmatre. Later tonight we’re off to see a concert at the Champs de Mars followed by a firework display at the Eiffel Tower.

Tomorrow it’s back to London and then the flight to Hong Kong.



Additional photos below
Photos: 40, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



15th July 2008

What a show!!
I've never seen a flyover before. I'm sure it's an exciting show. You're so smart to avoid all the crowd in Louvre.
16th July 2008

How lucky you are!
Wow, the aviation show is terrific. You guys are really lucky. You all should give a big thank to John, our golden travel agent. BTW, tell u something exciting. The GIA invite all of you to share your learning experience in London and Paris in one of their company's luncheons. Great news, isn't it?

Tot: 0.038s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0192s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb