There's more to Paris than the Da Vinci Code


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
October 30th 2005
Published: October 30th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Hello folks, welcome to our final blog entry before returning to blighty!

We're currently enjoying our third day in Paris and have been really quite busy. Strolled around the Champs Eleise complete with Rammstein fans, scary; and a Renault showroom with Fernando Alonso's car in. Very exclusivo street.

The Arc d'Triumphe was bigger than we'd expected as Dan found out to his cost. On the first day he decided to amble up to the Arc, our meeting place for the day seen as though we're in different hostels. Having been told by an Aussie it was a gentle stroll, he turned up 20 mins late after a 2 hour hike - during which he could see the Arc for half that!

Saw a ridiculously tourist orientated Notre Dam Cathedral and Sam and Dan, the Da Vinci Code boffins, took me on a diversionary trip to a church that featured in the book (St Sulpice). To have my own way, I made up for this escapade by venturing off on my own in search of the Stade De France - national stadium of the french footy team.

Despite a promise to the contrary, the tour I went on there was all in dam French so I didn't have a clue what Madame Guide was waffling on about most of the time. Oh and it lasted 1 hour rather than the anticipated 15 mins.

Seen the Effiel Tower up close twice so far without actually going up it! First night we got picos but the top of the tower closed as we were queuing for it. Today our efforts were put off due to an almighty 80 minute wait, but we're determined and we WILL go up it tonight.

Hit the famous Louvre Art Museum today, another Da Vinci sight, it is rather enormous but we tracked down Mona Lisa and Venus De Milo.

Merci for following our 'story' and we look forward to catching up wid y'all soon,

Signing off for the last time (weep weep)

Ben Sam Dan (fighting back the tears)



Advertisement



30th October 2005

Mission accomplished
Well done y'all for a very entertaining blog-fest of europe. Hope you manage the tower d'eiffel and look forward to seeing the pics that didn't make it online. Bye for now.
31st October 2005

Pass the hanky
Felling very sad for you all too. Thanks for the updates and sharing your travel experiences with us all. (sniffle sniffle)
2nd November 2005

The End of a Journey
Sad to hear that this is the end of your travels. I will miss your updates. I look forward to seeing the pics at Xmas. Have a safe journey home!

Tot: 0.103s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0607s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb