Our last full day of our Trip!! Paris back to London


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
July 15th 2007
Published: July 15th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We have had such a fantastic time on our trip! To be in Paris for the last full day was fantastic. We woke up walked along the Seine, walked by the Lourve. We then went and did a quick tour of my favorite paintings on the 5th floor of the Musee d'Orsay. There was a special exibit there of Cezanne to Van Gogh as well that was excellent. We had lunch at one of our favorite spots, Fauchon and then headed to the Eiffel Tower. We had a fantastic sushi dinner at the Budha Bar. This was the best last day that you could have had for a trip.

We had booked the Eurostar going through the chunnel from Paris to London the day before and it was good that we did because the train was sold out when we arrived. I was expecting this train to be different in some way because it went under the sea but it was like all of the other trains that we had been on. We took the 7 pm train so we would have the entire day in Paris. We arrived into London around 10pm. We meet our friend Katie at Henry's Bar for a farewell drink and then headed to the Hard Rock Cafe for some food and when the clock struck midnight Jon and Katie had a big slice of chocolate cake come out with candels and everyone sang Happy Birthday! I was so surprised! Then after everyone was done singing in English the large table next to us sang a birthday song to me in Spanish. It was fantatic!

We woke up early and headed to Heathrow airport and hoped on our Virgin Atlantic flight where we met Camille.

Jon and I couldn't have had more fun on our month long Europe summer vacation! Thank you to Camille for all of the wonderful fun in London. Thank you Beth and Brian for your amazing hospitality. And to Katie, Jon and I love to see you and hit the town in London, thank you for making my Birthday so special.



Additional photos below
Photos: 22, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.271s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 12; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0575s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb