Calvi, Corsica (2nd entry) Thursday


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Corsica
September 11th 2008
Published: September 11th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Heading towards the end of our holiday now. Been on the boat trip to Scandola which was great and a terrific ride - lots of spray and very fast on the return. Weather was nice and calm and sunny. Few more clouds today and temperature 34° C !
Hired a car yesterday and drove along the coast to Ille Rousse and St Florent across the Desert des Aggriates. Former was nice town for shops and latter had fantastic array of boats in the marina (Michael still hasn’t decided which one he wants yet!!) On the return journey we visited the ‘Villages des Artisans’ slightly inland and found Pigna which had lots of little craft shops. Fantastic views, very picturesque and worth the journey.
Had supper in town at Santa Maria (Chris and Nancy will appreciate this info) which was really nice, full of jolly people (incl. some Scots who have been to Corsica 5 times), good music and friendly waiters - got a complimentary Limoncello to end a good meal (always goes down well). Michael tried a Corsican liqueur which tasted like Cointreau - quite nice.
Think weather today and Friday will be ok but rain expected Sat & Sun (according to the hotel staff who seem more reliable than the papers).
Well sun and sea beckon I’m afraid so I’ll finish now. Can’t say we’re missing the British climate!
Di x


Advertisement



Tot: 0.036s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0214s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb