Baltic Sea Cruise - Second stop: Finland


Advertisement
Finland's flag
Europe » Finland » Uusimaa » Helsinki
August 27th 2008
Published: December 29th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Our second stop was the capital of the northern country Finland - Helsinki. The weather on this day was rather grey and cold, at some point it started to rain a bit, but still we saw a lot of the city. First we had a little tour around the city in a bus. Our first stop was the famous rock church, which was very impressive and interesting to see. Sadly it was very full in there, so we left quickly and went to our next destination: the Sibelius monument. It was rather nice and I was able to take some very cool photos, using the fascinating structure of the monument. We passed the Olympic stadium, where in 1952 the Summer Olympics took place. The most famous sight of the city was up next: the Helsinki Cathedral. We strolled around the big square and later went inside the church as well. On the way back we had enough time to buy some souvenirs and later we visited a very cool small shoppingmall in the center of Helsinki, where we spend more of our money. When we were done we went back to the ship, just in time because it started to rain more and more.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.042s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0245s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb