Baltic Sea Cruise - First stop: Sweden


Advertisement
Sweden's flag
Europe » Sweden » Stockholm County » Stockholm
August 26th 2008
Published: December 28th 2011
Edit Blog Post

We have always wanted to go on a cruise, and this year we decided would be our premiere on a cruiseship. We wanted to stay in Europe for this holiday, so that we wouldn't have to take a very long flight to our destination. We settled for the Baltic Sea, which would actually start from the German city of Kiel.

Our first stop was Stockholm, Sweden. We had a huge tour around the city. The bus brought us around the innercity which we found to be very alive and full of young people. Sadly we later didn't have time to come back here and do some shopping. Our first stop was at the cityhall and we had a very long and detailed tour around the building. We saw the spot on which each some of the Noble Prices are awarded, the huge and impressive hall and rooms. Our next stop was the famous vasa museum. We learned about the story of the ship and it's tragic fate. The ship itself was huge and in a very good shape, we were impressed. We had to hurry back to the ship because it would leave early today. What a great day!


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0406s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb