Entering Scandinavia


Advertisement
Denmark's flag
Europe » Denmark » Region Hovedstaden » Copenhagen
June 20th 2006
Published: June 16th 2017
Edit Blog Post

01 Last view01 Last view01 Last view

This beach was our last view of Germany and we sailed off to Denmark
Geo: 55.6763, 12.5681

Boarded the bus this morning and choose a seat for the journey. It is a small group, so we get to have a seat each and spread out! Only once did we have to listen to the Hoff's 'Im looking for freedom', which was a relief, considering last time I was in Berlin we had to hear it many times and loudly. We drove for a while until the port of Rostock, where we caught a ferry to Denmark! While we waited to board we ate our lunch in the car park. The ferry ride was fun and a great change from driving. Just under two hours later we arrived.

We continued driving to the capital Copenhagen. The next two nights we were staying in cabins at a campsite out of the city. There are four of us in my cabin, Jen, Anita, Bridget and me. The cabins are cute. Apparently they are very anal here. The bus isn't allowed near the cabins, which meant that their tractor took all our stuff to the cabin area. We have to sweep and mop before we leave. The good thing was that the showers had privacy!!

After dinner we did a driving
02 Rostock Lighthouse02 Rostock Lighthouse02 Rostock Lighthouse

The lighthouse- a popular spot to veg out
tour of the city. It gave us a chance to see what we might like to do and see the next day. We stopped and took some photos of the Little Mermaid statue, which was by the shore. The poor statue has had a tough life, she has lost her head, arm, and had underwear put on her. This city seems very clean and tidy. It is full of bikes and the city of Hans Christian Anderson.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

03 Our cabin03 Our cabin
03 Our cabin

Our cosy little cabin
04 The Little Mermaid04 The Little Mermaid
04 The Little Mermaid

This is the Little Mermaid, she is very popular


Tot: 0.036s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0198s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb