Biking with Mike, an expensive dinner and hot dogs


Advertisement
Denmark's flag
Europe » Denmark » Region Hovedstaden » Copenhagen
August 22nd 2009
Published: September 1st 2009
Edit Blog Post

This is our trip to Copenhagen in a nutshell. It was brililant.

We arrived from a day of travelling from Santorini quite tired and decided to have a nice meal in our airport hotel and then head out early the next morning into town. Slightly reminiscent of Budapest, we had had no time to do research before arriving in Denmark. We had no clue of exchange rates and I went to find out, only discovering the next day I had messed it up (turns out they convert not to 1 Kroner, but to 100).

So our first meal in Copenhagen in our hotel was lovely and it cost as much as a stay in the hotel itself.

Good thing we discovered hot dogs the next day. We tried to remember the last time we had a hot dog and decided it was at least 6/7 years earlier whilst camping in BC. Generally we are against hot dogs but they were everywhere in Copenhagen so decided we must try one. Or 2 or 3. They were fabulous! Each one comes with 2 different types of onions, sweet pickles and a "roumelade" sauce (couldn't tell you what it's made of but it's tasty!). And they were cheap, which was good as it helped to balance out the meal from the night before.

On the Thursday (our only full day in Copenhagen) we did a biking tour of Copenhagen called "Bike with Mike". We saw the recommendation on tripadvisor and decided to go for it. It was an incredible day out. The weather was gorgeous and the tour was a good combination of biking and stopping to learn about the city. It took us all over the city and Mike always had philosophical musings on life at each stop as we learnt more about this wonderful city. The bike tour was 23 kilometres but with lots of talking stops.

That night we did something we had never done before: voluntarily had dinner in an airport. A hot dog, of course. The budget couldn't take another hotel meal and the airport was the closest food to us. Too funny!

Copenhage is expensive, but totally worth it.

We adored Copenhagen and can't wait to come back.






Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement

Group bikesGroup bikes
Group bikes

It was a gorgeous day so there were lots of us
Military housingMilitary housing
Military housing

Now a very popular place to live in Copenhagen (costs about 10,000 EUR/sq. ft)
We loved the hot dogs everywhereWe loved the hot dogs everywhere
We loved the hot dogs everywhere

Roumelade sauce on them was amazing!


1st September 2009

a hotel i came across
Never been to copenhagen but it looks lovely. I saw this hotel the other day and I want to go there now and stay here: http://www.hotelfox.dk/rooms.html I am a sucker for super arty boutique hotels though. Maybe something for you guys for the future? It does seem too pricey! Been enjoying reading about your travels...so jealous. Wishing you a continued safe journey home. Hugs, Jessica

Tot: 0.101s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0709s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb