More fun in Santorini


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » South Aegean » Santorini
August 19th 2009
Published: August 31st 2009
Edit Blog Post

Our hotelOur hotelOur hotel

We actually didn't like it too much but the bedrooms were nice.
This 2-day stopover Santorini was booked as it was the only way we could get to Athens that worked with our flight to Copenhagen.

We had fun again in Santorini and agree with everyone else that it is a beautiful island. We realized that the first time we were here earlier this summer we got caught in what we call the "cruise loop": the boat people (as Mom likes to call them) wander around in a tight circle looking at different shops. You may recall we tried to find a souvlaki stand last time and ended up having a fabulous meal at Nouassa Restaurant. This time we walked around ALL of Fira and found a million souvlaki stands! But we still went back to Nouassa for lunch our first day and had the best lunch of our whole trip to Greece (mussels in a feta & tomato sauce, stuffed peppers, greek salad, tzatziki and local wine).

We took a bus to Oia (pronounced 'ee-a') and wandered around the village for a bit, which was great. We would consider staying there next time.

We discovered a few things about Santorini and ourselves on this short trip: we don't like hotels with buffets that cater to families (because of mass quantities, quality suffers); taxi drivers will often only take you somewhere they are going and not necessarily where you want to go; Santorini airport is very small but we're still glad we didn't listen to our hotel and check in a half-hour before our flight; night shift hotel workers have very soft voices.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0271s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb