Fully Fledged Vikings


Advertisement
Denmark's flag
Europe » Denmark » Region Hovedstaden » Copenhagen
April 23rd 2009
Published: April 24th 2009
Edit Blog Post

It's our latest night yet (bar our night of heavy drinking on the ferry, but we don't want to talk about that) and given how full-on our day was, it's actually a remarkable feat we are still awake!

We had a rather delightful breakfast at our hotel, followed by a canal tour. We saw The Little Mermaid, the Royal Palace, the "Black Diamond", the Opera House, the National Museum, some churches and the old Fisherman's Village.

Then we headed to Tivoli - the Danish amusement park. We had an absolutely fantastic time - we rode every adult ride ( and many of the children's ones), including a swing that is 85 metres in the air, an assortment of rollercoasters, and a "sheer drop" ride that left our stomachs in our mouths. It was brilliant! SO much addrennaline! Also, the gardens were absolutely magnificent. After we finished with the rides, we watched the orchestra whilst eating dinner, then watched a pantomime. Absolutely fantastic day out - our only advice to other travellers would be to arrive later. Once you buy a ticket, you cannot return if you leave. We arrived at 1:30, but many of the rides don't open until 2pm, and the whole park is open until 11pm. If we had the chance to do it again, we would have arrived at about 5:30pm and worn heavier jackets (it gets cold when the sun sets!).

Speaking of cold, we headed to the Ice Bar after Tivoli. This is a bar made completely of ice, where the drinks come served in ice "glasses". We had fun (we ended up in there with a huge bus-load of French tourists), but are happier now we are warm and snuggly in our hotel room.

All in all, a great day.

We leave Denmark tomorrow for Malmo in Sweden, and then are catching the Night Train to Stockholm. Very exciting.

Love Mich & Alyce

PS. When we rode on our first terrifying ride of the day, it had just opened and we were the only passengers. The man operating it said we were so brave that we qualified as vikings. Thus the title of this blog. 😊


Additional photos below
Photos: 22, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0562s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb