Welcome to Copenhagen


Advertisement
Denmark's flag
Europe » Denmark » Region Hovedstaden » Copenhagen
April 17th 2007
Published: April 17th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Trip So far



Trip So far
Matthew Feben
Hey All.

After our first experience with the eurail system we managed to find out way to Copenhagen quite easily. It was really a nice train ride through the Swedish counrtyside and the comfort level of the trains was also a lot higher than what i thought it would be.

We arrived at the station feeling very very peckish, so after a quick hit of maccas we set about finiding our hostel.......and for the first time on out trip we could truely say that we had been lost. Partly because i had not written down the address of the hostel and because the day that we arrived there happened to be the only day that the information centre was closed. After a quick phone call to the hostel we managed to get directrions and find our way. The hostel was very nice and very modern. It was also nice to be in a room by ourselves and with a private bathroom.

Our first night was pretty quite....just dinner at the hostel restaurant then to bed.We tried to make the most of the next day as it was our only day in town so we got out and saw some of the city. We decided to do another canal cruise as Copenhagen is also filled with little canals much like Stockholm. It was a nice and sunny day so a good opportunity for a tan. The city was far more beautiful that we had imagined and wished we had a little longer here. We also saw the statue of the little mermaid which is big here as it was writen by a Dane. After our canal cruise we took a walk over to the Royal Palace to try get a glimpse of princess mary. It turns out we had just missed her as it was the Queens birthday and they had all made an appearence earlier in the day.

Our last night in Copenhagen was quite large as we ventured to the backpackers night at the Scottish Pub. It started with frozen margahritas, continued with 4 litre beer bongs and ended with pyjama parties with 20 german students who were staying next door. we found bed at about 4.15 and was up and going 6.30 am to get our train. It was a very long day.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.149s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 32; dbt: 0.0911s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb