Check Out Cesky Krumlov


Advertisement
Published: August 25th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Today we travelled 100 miles away from Prague to Cesky Krumlov. An incredibly well preserved medieval town on the snaking Vlatva river. Complete with a castle (2nd biggest in Czech Rep.), moat with bears (real live ones), gothic churches, winding cobbled streets and a square where witches were burned, it was the perfect town to explore.
While we usually prefer explore on our own, sometimes a good bus tour is all you need for a stress free sight seeing day. We signed up for Premiant Bus Tours, though a little on the pricy side (about $90), it was well worth it. Lunch, transpo and entrace fees to the castle and Baroque theater were included. Plus we had a supper fun guide in EVA. Whose seemingly inexaustable knowledge of all things Czech and militaristic approach to moving the group along, added a level of quirkiness and fun to the day.
The pictures speak for how beautiful the town was. Unfortunately no cameras allowed inside the castle or the Baroque theater. This theater was one of the most amazing things we've seen on this trip so far.Click on link for more info baroque theatre.
Amazingly we ran into 2 friends we made on our sound of music bike tour back in Salzburg. Shaheeda and Paula were great company to eplore the rest od the town with. We definitely recommend Cesky Krumlov for anyone visiting Prague. It is probably even worth an overnight stay. I could just imagine how evocative this place is after the sun sets.
We heard about the storms that hit Chicago and saw pictures on line. We hope you are all safe and dry.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



27th August 2007

Seems like you guys are having a GREAT time!
28th August 2007

Hello Jake
Thanks for the messages. Yes, we had a great time in Krumlov. I am looking forward to seeing you guys in September.

Tot: 0.317s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 66; dbt: 0.0688s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb