Picture Perfect Prague


Advertisement
Czech Republic's flag
Europe » Czech Republic » Prague
August 23rd 2007
Published: August 24th 2007
Edit Blog Post

The weather has made a turn for the better. It has been sunny (so far) and as you can see from the pictures Prague is beautiful as ever. It is my second time here in Prague, my last visit being 5 years ago. Back then Prague was reeling from the worst flooding in decades, the river Vlatva overflowed and kept most of the tourist away because some of the sights were closed.
What a difference 5 years make. Physically the city has not changed much, all the sights are open and it seems more crowded. The big change was in the price of everything, from accommodations, meals and shopping, the city does not feel like a bargain anymore. It actually feels just as expensive as Munich but the food is not as good and neither is the shopping. The weak dollar is partly to blame but also the fact that since tourism is the major industry it feels like the prices are inflated if you are not a local. It is gorgeous though, and when the sun shines on the red tile roofs and the countless golden spires it does take your breath away. Since there are no blockbuster museums to see in Prague, we are spending a lot of our time wandering the streets and admiring the building facades with their pleasant pastel colors and fanciful art nouveau ornamentations. This city is made for getting lost in the winding streets that terminate in little plazas, perfect for relaxing, reading a book or people watching. I know most of the "ladies" out there are wondering if the men in Prague are as hot they are reputed to be. The short answer is YES. There is a profusion of chiseled features and divine cheek bones but since there are so many tourist it's really hard to tell exactly where everyone's from.
We are probably going to take a day trip to either Czesky Krumlov (cute castle town by the Danube) or Karlovy Vary( town famous for hot springs). More updates later and hope everyone is well.

Garret and John.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



24th August 2007

Czech men?
Is the other true what they say about
24th August 2007

Czech men?
Is the other true what they say about Czech men?
28th August 2007

hello guy
what do they say about czech men?

Tot: 0.359s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 71; dbt: 0.0955s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb