Day 25


Advertisement
Published: August 2nd 2006
Edit Blog Post

The Five of UsThe Five of UsThe Five of Us

Outside by St. Barbara's Cathedral
Today the class took a day field trip to Kutna Hora, which is about an hour away from Prague.

Took a bus at about 11. People got on and off at different points between Prague and Kutna Hora. At one point, a lady got on the bus with armpit hair that was probably about 3 inches long, no exaggeration. Unfortuantely, by the time she got on all the seats were taken, so she had to stand and hold on to the bars overhead. She also smelled like Zoo. The 30 minutes she was on the bus were pretty much awful.

Anyway, we finally got off the bus (and into fresh air) at Kutna Hora. We made our way to the city center. Like everything in the Czech Republic, the buildings are very beautiful. It will be a shame to go back home where all the buildings are new and ugly.

We walked around the city for a little while, which was fun. The class ended up at a Mexican Restaurant, which, to be quite honest, was not all that good.

After the food, we went to St. Barbara's Cathedral. It was really beautiful, and right next to
St. Barbara'sSt. Barbara'sSt. Barbara's

Maxine and I in front of St. Barbara's cathedral
it there was a wonderful view overlooking the residential parts of the city.

After the church, we went to the Bone Church, which we had heard about in a few travel books. It was honestly one of the strangest things I had ever seen. All of the decor on the inside was made of human bones. Two-hundred-year-old human bones. We got a lot of interesting pictures.

Next we made our way to the train station to head back to Prague. I wish we could have had more time in Kutna Hora, there was a miner's museum we sort of wanted to go to (Kutna Hora was a big silver mining town) and it would have been nice to explore the city a little more, but whatever.

Tomorrow is another day of class, including a visit to the National Museum.

There are also more photos on facebook to look at, including a lot from the Bone chapel (lots of skull and crossbones for Kelly). Here's the link, same as always:




Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Bone ChurchBone Church
Bone Church

OK, creepy


2nd August 2006

Yuck!
Okay, I'm still trying to get over the bone church...gives me the chills! Glad you are having fun!
2nd August 2006

Just a quick question: was her armpit hair braided? or dyed?,, that would have been kindof cool
3rd August 2006

Bones and hair!!
The church sounds very unusual and interesting. I look forward to seeing your pictures. The arm hair sound terrible and the smell worse!Would you check on temperatures in Prague for May and June? We hope to take a river cruise with some friends and Prague will be one of the stops. There are cruises in May and June and we want to chose the right time. Lots of love, Grandma R.

Tot: 0.047s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0261s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb