Day 24


Advertisement
Czech Republic's flag
Europe » Czech Republic » Prague
August 1st 2006
Published: August 1st 2006
Edit Blog Post

Museum of CommunismMuseum of CommunismMuseum of Communism

This is one of the awesome ads for the museum.
One week from now we will be in the air to go back to the States. I can't believe this trip has gone by so fast.

Today we had a record-setting three lectures in class. Two were about the Czech media, which was pretty interesting.

In the afternoon, we went to the Museum of Communism, something I had been looking forward to since we arrived in Prague. They have the coolest ads: traditional Russian toys and knick knacks looking all evil and communist. Anyway, the museum was very interesting, but unfortunately it required a lot of reading and it was pretty busy, so we moved around very slowly.

For dinner tonight we caved in to our cravings for Mexican food. We went to Buffalo Bill's, a Tex-Mex/American West themed restaurant in New Town. The restaurant was very American, there was air conditioning and ice and free refills on our soda. Anyway, the food was really good, it definitely satisfied our cravings for the time being. We all thought it was a little ridiculous to be going in a Tex Mex place in Europe, but we had a wonderful time.

Tomorrow is a day trip to Kutna Hora,
Buffalo Bill'sBuffalo Bill'sBuffalo Bill's

Tex-Mex dinner...in Europe!
which is a mining town an hour east of Prague. I'm not too sure what we will be doing, but there are silver mines and a bone church, so hopefully we'll check those out.

There is another album on facebook. If you want to check it out, here is the link:



Advertisement



2nd August 2006

argh!tex-mex in prague!
that's worse than in mizzou! i love reading your blog after maxine's- it's fun to get 2 points of view- i know you've had a great time- i'm so glad you guys were able to go together- save a night for us when we come to visit maxine in september! have a great time the rest of the week!
2nd August 2006

still gone?
Glad you are getting so much squeezed in on your excursions. You should invite the purple nametag people to Tex-Mex with you next time. Oh,, and Ned told me to tell you that your pet turtle died. (TA shout out to Ned for giving me more material!!!)
2nd August 2006

Hi There!!!!
We are home from grandma's reunion in Nebraska. We enjoyed our trip. Really enjoyed White Christmas at the Muny. (Kelly was not impressed) It is really hot here---around 100 every day. You need to get home to take care of your no hit, no pitch, fumbling Cardinals. They need lots of help!!!! (5 game losing streak) Have a great last week in Prague!!!!!!!!!
2nd August 2006

sorry to confuse you Katie,, the shout out was to Neddy-- hes at camp and the turtle commment was an inside joke that those of us you left behind had concerning letters to Neddys camp-- you had to be there ,, and weren't :P
3rd August 2006

Time is getting short!
It will soon be time to pack and head back to St. Louis. I know your time has gone quickly and you have had a great experience and met many new friends. I am so glad you have had this opportunity, but I will be happy to have you back in Missouri. We had mexican food last Wednesday before we went to the Muny to see "White Christmas". We enjoyed both. It is now in the hundreds in Cape and it is hard to be outside. Enjoy you remaining time in Prague. Lots of love, Grandma R.

Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0629s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb