DAY 71 VIS (Vis Island)


Advertisement
Croatia's flag
Europe » Croatia » Dalmatia » Vis
August 2nd 2023
Published: August 3rd 2023
Edit Blog Post


Rubber dinghy still attached.
The wind did not let up. The Vis bay became packed with yachts seeking safe anchorage.

While were away from the yacht the Vis port manager whizzed around on his runabout ordering everyone to vacate their moorings and find another anchorage position on the opposite side of the bay as a fleet of over 50 “Sail Croatia” yachts had booked the mooring area plus other positions. Feedback told me that Peter and the other Skippers were not happy chappies.

I had walked back from the town only to find no “Ocean House” and numerous yachts roped together where my yacht had been. I assumed we had been moved … Peter wouldn’t have pulled stumps and left me behind … would he? Jane met me as I was returning to town and to the other side of the port. She verified my thoughts.

Many yachts had entered port and no yachts had departed due to the increased wind velocity. It remained overcast all day. The humidity was high.

We stayed in Vis again. Korchula Island missed out on my company!


Additional photos below
Photos: 30, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Rear rope stabiliser still attached.


Moored yachts still in line.


Wind still blowing across the protected bay.


Peter and Mel pouring over the charts. Little were we to know that wind strength had increased on the open sea and that a storm was forecast.


In town, the flags are flying straight.


Steel attachment ring for larger craft.


Yachts are arriving for safe and calmer anchorage.


Wind! What wind?


Yachts continue to pour in.


"Ocean House" WAS moored where those roped together yachts are!!


More yachts roped together 20m or so from where we WERE!!


"Ocean House" WAS there!!


Church of "Our Lady of Spliice. Construction began in 1521. The church is named after smaller semi-caves that were on the site.



"Ocean House" is now out there somewhere!!







Tot: 0.039s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0205s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb