on the road


Advertisement
Belgium's flag
Europe » Belgium » Liège Province
May 6th 2007
Published: May 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

start of our adventurestart of our adventurestart of our adventure

all the things that you should not do when you are driving a car...
hey,

Belgium seems to be cooler than I thought... hihi... On saturdayevening we took a train to Brussels, where we were picked up by a french fool and a romanian single guy , made a stop at the local nightshop of Halle for Johny and drove all the way to "the south", or la Wallonie. We arrived in Spa to be sure that we would be able to withdraw money, and then there was the time to search for a place to sleep... a few options: the car, the bridge, a five star hotel, a treehut, ... sightseeing through the nice area of Spa brought us in Malme-die (hihi) where we felt down on the hard matress of the international youthhostel... hunger drove us to the citycentre of Malme-dy for a cheap kebap, but at 23.00 at night is was hard to find somebody who still wanted to earn some money... the first pitashop: nothing but feta and meat, the second pizzeria: nothing but closed, the third pizzeria: nothing but a nice girl that was not convinced by Xaviers datingskills and sent us to a place nearby the city... only kilometers away, but in the middle of nowhere we found a really cool restaurant that offers delicious italian food till 3 o'clock at night! the place was full and the atmospere compairable with grandmothers homecooking. A pizza or a daysoup ... no matter what you order, it is all made with love and passion. the rest of the night doesn't need more details: just relaxing, johnytalk and householding...

sundaymorning: day of the truth! waking up in this area is such a relief, and the view breathtaken! The sun high in the sky, a delicious bio-breakfast and the prospectives of a hard mountainbiketrip were excited enough to wake up on a decent time. in the morning we relaxed in the garden of the hostel and some of us started already a warming up at the "Finse piste". ( which is created by the hostel itself!)

sundayafternoon: Okébike was offering some good maintained bikes for a humm, decent belgian price... very friendly people who are always very bussy in the local friterie, welcomed us in international style and with a biiiig smile. Xavier arranged the bikes, but not the circiut... so we left, and got already lost after the first curl... thanks to the amazingly orientationskills of the women 😊 we ended up in the wonderfull world of fauna and flora... we crossed (with or without belly) through the different vegetations and at the end we found the most beautifull part of our trip. a way down brought us at the bottom of the valley, near a river that we had to cross and where we crossed a part that was reserved for good walking boots... so bike at the back and carrying that stuff! who is fittest and the strongest... women on the top at this part whowho, I am so proud of myself!! During one hour we passed really cool obstacles and enjoyed the challenge of our trip. The trip ended at the place where we should had start... but we did it and we had pretty much fun! it doesn't need more to make this trip of one of the highlights ...

If you want to see more pictures check it out at : http://www.imagestation.com/album/review.html?id=2092240041


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

thanks Xavier for showing us the right way... after a couple minutes it turned out to be a walking tour... but we pretended to be "die hard" ...thanks Xavier for showing us the right way... after a couple minutes it turned out to be a walking tour... but we pretended to be "die hard" ...
thanks Xavier for showing us the right way... after a couple minutes it turned out to be a walking tour... but we pretended to be "die hard" ...

so one and a half hour later we reached the right way, the one that was made for mountainbikes... but we have to admit that it was lots of fun...carrying the f***ing bycicle!


Tot: 0.172s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 22; qc: 77; dbt: 0.0656s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb