Brussels!


Advertisement
Belgium's flag
Europe » Belgium » Brussels-Capital Region » Brussels
September 8th 2007
Published: September 11th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We caught the bus into Belgium today after walking from the hotel to the airport parking lot and then hitching a free ride on the parking lot bus.The trip to brussels from charleroi only took about 35 minutes or so.It felt good to sit down.We got off the bus at the station and were totally, hopelessly and completely lost…in a country we don'treally speak the language…and we weren't even sure we were in brussels.Finally, I found an english speaking info station whereI found out exactly where we were; outside the city of Brussels.We would have to take a metro to get to the Youth Hostel.We got off the metro at Place Ch. Rogier K. Kogierplein.A man came up to us and said "Are you looking for the youth hostel, you're american's right?"I asked him if we looked that lost and he just laughed and said "yes"He pointed us in the right direction and we got there with no problemI went in and tried to get a room and they said they were totally booked.There was this guy who looked up at me from the steps "parles-vous englais?" Him and his two friends are on the 45 day trek thru europe and this is a mini-stop on day nine.They let us throw our stuff in their room and we all walked around Brussels together, laughint, joking, and sharing our travel stories and experiences.It was such a random and lucky surprise.We must have walked 5-8 miles yesterday. We went to a tex-mex haha for dinner.Then they snuck us into their room for the night…




Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.161s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 67; dbt: 0.0558s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb