Background: Belgium became independent from the Netherlands in 1830 and was occupied by Germany during World Wars I and II. It has prospered in the past half century as a modern, technologically advanced European state and member of NATO and the EU. Tensions between the Dutch-speaking Flemings of the north and the French-speaking Walloons of the south have led in recent years to constitutional amendments granting these regions formal recognition and autonomy.
Photos from Brussels
Blogs from Brussels
Latest Blogs from Brussels
- February 17th 2014 Ready for Take off !
by Words: 42 Photos: 0
- February 17th 2014 Bad news
by Words: 35 Photos: 0
- January 17th 2014 church decoration with amazing flowers in Brussels Belgium
by Words: 10 Photos: 92
- January 16th 2014 amazing places to eat and go out in Brussels
by Words: 14 Photos: 28
- December 23rd 2013 My travels around the most beautiful places
by Words: 16 Photos: 23
- November 15th 2013 Brussels and Chocolate
by Words: 510 Photos: 14
- November 4th 2013 Waterloo and Brussels in Belgium 2 & 3 November 2013
by Words: 600 Photos: 51
- October 16th 2013 Belgium called loudly and we answered with vigor!!! We ate, drank and were very merry!
by Words: 1528 Photos: 124
- September 25th 2013 It's my last day!
by Words: 983 Photos: 4
- September 24th 2013 Highlights of today!
by Words: 731 Photos: 0
- September 23rd 2013 I'm here!
by Words: 359 Photos: 1
- September 2nd 2013 Belgium
by Words: 688 Photos: 10
- September 2nd 2013 A day in Brussels
by Words: 648 Photos: 14
- August 3rd 2013 Back to Brussels
by Words: 307 Photos: 8
- July 30th 2013 Sunny Brussels...
by Words: 532 Photos: 26
- July 27th 2013 Brussels
by Words: 634 Photos: 23
- July 27th 2013 Not a very nice journey to Brussels..........
by Words: 468 Photos: 4
- July 11th 2013 Welcome
by Words: 1343 Photos: 5
- July 10th 2013 Farewell
by Words: 753 Photos: 21
- June 6th 2013 Celebration
by Words: 617 Photos: 11