R'n'R Vienna


Advertisement
Austria's flag
Europe » Austria » Vienna » Vienna
May 21st 2009
Published: May 29th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hey Guys,
Within the last two days I have had one goal; rest and relaxation. I spend 70% of the day lazing round watching crappy american shows on a crappy european television, or reading. The other 30% is spent eating food/shopping for food/strolling around vienna taking in the sights. Breakfast at the hotel has been gr8, with both hot and cold meats, eggs, delicious breads, many cheeses, juice and many varieties of cereals (btw dad its hard to find meusli without chocolate, what a bummer!). Outside of breakfast my main diet consists of water (although i somehow keep ending up with sparkling water, im blaming the language barrier) and some of the amazing breads and pastries they offer. The people ive encountered in Vienna have been incredibly friendly and helpful so i guess im really liking it here so far. Today I had to check out of my hotel and venture back into socialising territories (hostels). I took the advice of my lonely planet guide book and travelled 6 kms across Vienna to a hostel (id be guessing as to what the name is, ruthensaurus or something!) near Westbahnhof, a bit out of the way but there are quite a few hostels in the region. However as it is getting to the busy time of the year they have just opened the ˝summer house˝and i am one of two ppl here thus far. Im in a dorm with 8 beds with showers and kitchen in each room and the hostel has a smoking garden and common room.
Catch for now

Advertisement



Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0676s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb