Zona central-Selva / Central zone-jungle


Advertisement
Published: July 4th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hola,

Despues de pasar 2 dias en volcan de Poas, nos movimos a visitar la zona del arenal, donde tambien hay un volcan que esta en erupcion cada noche (alucina!!). en todas sus laderas se estan instalando toda una zona turistica, los cuales ya saben que en cualquier momento puede volver a estallar (la ultima fue en el 2006) y se les puede ir todo al garete.

Llegamos a ver por la noche la erupcion y es impresionante (pero no hay fotos pq nuestra camara no se caracteriza por su zoom).

Nos alojamos en Fortuna, que es un pueblecillo que esta empezando a ser turistico. En las laderas del volcan, como ya he dicho, se estan instalando "parques" con piscinas que todas de agua caliente aprovechando las aguas interiores del volcan. Son un poco Disneyland, pero era curioso estar en aguas de 27 a 45 grados.

Ya de volcan del arenal, nos iremos a Moteverde.


----------------------------

Hello to all, especially my family and friends who do not understand Spanish...

After a quick stop and spending the first night in San Jose (the capital of Costa Rica) we decided that it would be better to move on as quickly as possible to nicer places and rented a 4WD. The city of San Jose is really small, there seems to be a lot of criminality and the tour in the central streets was done within 10 minutes so it was better to move. We went by car to Volcan Poas and stayed in a very nice hotel there as you could see in the first pictures. We visited the vulcano and were lucky to meet a very nice guide there (originally from Madrid but living now in Costa Rica) and he gave us some nice suggestions for our trip. From Poas we went on to Fortuna and Arenal and observed lava coming from the Vulcano at night (it was impossible to take good pictures so we can only tell you about the experience) and after that we went to Baldi Waters (natural springs next to the Vulcano) to relax a bit and drink some cocktails in the pools.
After a night in Fortuna we moved on to Santa Elena. It took us 4 hours to drive aprox. 50 km but we arrived. The views on the way were incredible! And the final destination was worth the drive. Yesterday in the afternoon we arrived to Santa Elena (hotel Rustic Lodge, a suggestion given by the guide from Poas) and booked a night walk in the rain forest. We were a bit scared (didn´t know Gonzalo is even more scared of insects than I am :-)>) and we saw some nice animals such as the silver fox, mapache, dangerous spiders and even a tarantula. I had to ask someone else to take the picture since I was too scared to even come close to the hole were he made his home. This morning we went on a guided tour to the selva which was also very nice. The pictures will speak for themselves. We are doing fine and enjoying our holidays. We never expected to be so active and wake up so early every morning. Tomorrow we are planning to visit an orchid garden before moving on the beach!!! Let´s see if Gonzalo can find some nice waves there.

Love, Angela


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0377s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb