Jungle and Waterfalls


Advertisement
Published: February 1st 2015
Edit Blog Post

Today was the best day yet - we went on a short hike through the jungle to a waterfall which we climbed over/in and went swimming in the little pools!!! The jungle area of Trini is so nice and clam - you could be in a different world when compared to the busy city/towns that we live in even though its literally up the road. In the jungle its slightly cooler, way more humid and there a few cocoa estates/small houses and villages. Its so quite and peaceful, apart from the occasional house blasting out Soca music! We walked for a few kilometres along a 'path' and nearly died a few hundred times but we made it to the most peaceful waterfall ever. And it was just us there. So good! I can't even begin to describe what it was like, words and pictures just cant do it justice!!! The peacefulness was sort of ruined by our suicidal taxi driver on the way back though, he was literally a maniac.



Last night we went out again; nightclubs here are so much more fun! I dont know how im ever going to be able to go out again at home. The guy from out guest house came out with us - they still keep in contact and phone to see what were up to all the time. We also managed to fit 8 people in our car home - wasnt the most comfortable of rides! The rest of the week we spent moving and settling in. We bought some Caribbean rum, played pool on our new table and generally messed about/sorted some visits to Cocoa estates for my research. We also discovered we live next door to a Cockerel who just doesnt have a body clock and starts going off at like 3am and then just doesnt stop until 6pm, so that makes sleeping kinda hard.



Overall I'm starting to settle in and find my feet here. And I literally love it so much! Everyday I find something I love even more about the island!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.102s; Tpl: 0.026s; cc: 5; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0543s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb