Ah, the trials of a Caribbean Airline


Advertisement
Published: March 26th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Blogger Dougo

Today we said goodbye to St Kitts and Nevis and flew to Trinidad. We caught the 8:00am ferry that left at 8:30am over to St Kitts and set about trying to find somewhere for breakfast. The place was a ghost town. Being a Sunday everyone was at church. Being the day after all the cricket games had finished no one was around. Ended up having Subway with two Aussies from our guest house, Kyle and David. We all caught a cab to the airport where the fun really began.

Now, we booked all our flights in November, months before the world cup. Our airline we booked through was Caribbean Star. February 1st, a month before the biggest even the Caribbean has ever hosted, Liat decided to take over Caribbean Star. NO ONE TOLD US THIS.

We rocked up to the airport and went to Liat and they said we were on the 4pm not the 2pm like our paper ticket said. Fair enough we said. It is the Caribbean after all. So we spend the next couple of hours in the waiting area chatting to people and checking the net. 4pm comes around and still no plane. 4:30pm they say. Right, more beers then! 5pm they say. Oh, fair go!

We miss our connection in Antigua. 5:30pm we finally board and take off for Antigua. The flight is 20 minutes. We could have swam between the islands in the 6 hours we waited at the airport! Anyways we get into Antigua and have missed the next connection so we end up leaving at 7pm for Guadaloupe onto Trinidad. Our driver is not there to pick us up, having rightly given up waiting for us. We call her and get picked up by a lovely lady and her husband in his taxi. Orchard View guesthouse is totally in the middle of no where but the hosts were so wonderful we ended staying up til 12 in the morning just chatting!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.164s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 9; qc: 62; dbt: 0.0824s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb