The BIG One


Advertisement
Published: August 10th 2007
Edit Blog Post

The Rasta MulletThe Rasta MulletThe Rasta Mullet

We both found it hard to concentrate on the match with this lady sitting two rows in front of us. Enough said...
blogger Dougo

Today was the big game of the group, Australia vs South Africa. Having splurged for this match and bought Category 1 tickets for USD$90 each we were hoping for A) A good game B) Some shade. We got both.

We were in the last row of a shaded stand which meant we had possibly the best view in the whole stand. After being a little concerned about the narrow pilons blocking a tiny bit of our view, we soon realised what a god send the seating position was. We had shade from the 35 degree sun and we a had a gorgeous breeze that cooled us down.

The game was awesome. Everyone was hoping for a batting fest and the Aussies didn't disappoint. 377 runs were scored by Australia and South Africa were well on their way to getting the runs but just faded at the 35 over mark.

Today was the first time that the new stadium, Warner Park, had really been put through its paces with a 'massive' crowd of 7000. I must say it didn't do too well. The stands and ground were great but it was definitely not full despite
Hayden goes nuts!Hayden goes nuts!Hayden goes nuts!

Wow, we got to witness the fastest World Cup 100 today.
being labeled a 'sell out'. There was no shade in front of the food stands which had looong queues for drinks and food. Some people spent an hour lining up for water only to be told there wasn't any left.

You could definitely tell that St Kitts had never held an event as large as this before. Oh, well. The game was great and we beat SA so, woohoo!!

Keep an eye out for our banner. Its gold and says, 'G'day Jingers, The Zhous and Oz'.



Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

Hey, is that a digital score board?Hey, is that a digital score board?
Hey, is that a digital score board?

Upgrading to Category 1 seats (USD$90) we got to see replays and stuff.
Wicket!Wicket!
Wicket!

Howzat?! Caught the ball in midflight just as it was about to hit Gilly's gloves - you little ripper!!
Roy tests out his bicep.Roy tests out his bicep.
Roy tests out his bicep.

The big man, Symonds made his return this match and spanked a few around at the death of the Aussie innings. Alls well with his arm by the looks!
VibesVibes
Vibes

Posing again! I just had to have another photo of myself at the cricket, complete with a volunteer (nicknamed Vibes - an acronym for something)
The Party Stand - againThe Party Stand - again
The Party Stand - again

A bit more pumping this time - a great all day rivalry between the Saffers and the Aussies!
The Grand Stadium!The Grand Stadium!
The Grand Stadium!

We look a little stunned as the security guard who took the picture took about 5 hours to figure out how the camera worked... still, you get a good idea of what the ground looks like.
Warm downWarm down
Warm down

When the game ended and they had all the speeches, we went down to the boundary and I got a few shots of the boys warming down. They were understandably playful and relieved after such a big game.
Chillin'Chillin'
Chillin'

This is the spirit of cricket in the Caribbean - slow down man!!
Honourary CitizenshipHonourary Citizenship
Honourary Citizenship

Hayden being presented, along with Herschell Gibbs, honorary citizenship of St.Kitts and Nevis after scoring the fastest 100 in CWC history. Gibbs got his for the 6 6's in the Holland match.
Boony ArmyBoony Army
Boony Army

Some larrikins hamming it up for the cameras!!


31st March 2007

CONGRATS
Victory is yours... so glad the big match was such a big success. Continue to monitor your adventure with a smile. Travel well.
2nd April 2007

The photos look fantastic guys! And I do have to say that I am SO F**KING JEALOUS!!! Enjoy the rest of the cup! Go Aussies!

Tot: 0.164s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 13; qc: 69; dbt: 0.1033s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb