Panama City and back


Advertisement
Published: March 23rd 2010
Edit Blog Post

(Joce) Simon and I left the crew for a side trip of our own…Panama City. Allyne and Jordan had already visited on a previous trip, and assured us that driving in the city was hell, so we took the bus. We got there in one piece, 4 ½ hours later and made our way to our hotel, and then tried to find a guy named Jonny to drive us around, but ended up settling on a taxi. We picked up my uncle Ken and Aunt Janine, and planned on seeing all the sights in a day, before returning to Las Tablas by bus. There were a few hiccups along the way, for instance the person who was to let us into our accommodation wasn’t there, and it was quite a challenge to get into the building. We finally did get in touch with Jonny, for our sightseeing driver, but he asked for more that twice the price we had previously been given. He did have a very nice air conditioned van. After some negotiating, he drove us around for the day and we got to see the ruins at Panama Viejo, the neat old town of casca Viejo, balboa, the metropolitan rainforest park and the miraflores locks. He also dropped $40 off his original price, which was a nice bonus. We finished off our day with an excellent dinner at Pomadoro, and hopped back on the bus in the morning for a long return trip.

Back at the beach we hung out with family for awhile, had some excellent dinners and Allyne made some delicious pizza in the pizza oven. Then were left to house sit for a bit as well. The dogs are are getting along well together now, and trooper is even good with the little kitty sprite. So we left them on guard and the four of us did a couple of day trips down to playa Venao to surf.



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 8; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0402s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb