Dec 24 Christmas Eve


Advertisement
Nicaragua's flag
Central America Caribbean » Nicaragua
February 4th 2011
Published: February 4th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Today we set a northwesterly course passing the coast of Nicaragua, El Salvador and Guatemala. The temperature got to 82F or 28C for my fellow Canadians.

We decided to do something special today so we went to the front of the ship and had Eggs Benedict looking out over a clear blue sea.

After breakfast we changed into our swimsuits and got a book. We spent the whole morning lying by the splash pool. I did manage to get a real bad burn on my legs which was definitely a first.

I did avoid Christmas activities as much as I could all day, it lets the sadness creep in to not be with you all.

After lunch I was back at pool side. It was interesting one of the crew members came out and stood using a sextant for about 45 mins. He said even though they have all this fancy equipment they still use this to check, apparently they can pinpoint their position within 30 miles with it. This instrument was developed in 1757 it is hard to believe we still use it today. We had remarked on the crystal clear skies and he said that the big funnels in the back of the ship was responsible for that; because they were cloud catchers “nice thought” now that would be a great invention!

Leisa invited us back to her room for Christmas Eve Happy hour at 4. Then dinner and a great show put on by the staff. It was the best one we have seen on the ship so far. Not one Christmas carol, remember I am avoiding that!




Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Staff PartyStaff Party
Staff Party

This was alot of fun what a way to break the ice they threw a bunch of balloons into the audience and everyone just kept hitting them into the air. What a way to change a bunch of adults into children again


Tot: 0.135s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0452s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb