Dec 25 Christmas Day


Advertisement
Published: February 4th 2011
Edit Blog Post

The waves and wind were high on the open sea so the ship went closer to the shore for the morning. Forecast for the day 27C.

I did not have a good start to my day. They forgot to bring our breakfast and I was in no mood to go down for it. We ordered coffee and laid in bed and read. I had a good cry, wished I was there no mater how wonderful our experiences are, there is no replacement for family at Christmas. Enough sadness. We have spotted many huge sea turtles and dolphins already today.

I decided it would be easier if I just avoided the whole Christmas thing today; we got dressed and went to the Casino….no Christmas there.

I invited everyone to our room or cocktails at 4. I finally got to wear my sparkly top that I had stored in a Ziploc bag for 7 years, purchased with the idea that it would be great to wear on a cruise.

It was another formal night, so we all got dressed in our finery and of course had turkey in the dining room. I have to say I was very disappointed with the meal it did not feel at all special. This is the first year of my life that perogies and cabbage rolls were not on my plate. After dinner we enjoyed a Magic show, no Christmas there.

I made it through the day and I have made a promise to never be without my family again this time of the year.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.145s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0393s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb