Interesting


Advertisement

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Rio DulceRio DulceRio Dulce

On the way down the river, to the disastrous wakeboarding adventure on the lake....
Well, we made it to Nicaragua. Leftie central.

About 9 buses, 2 boats, 2 countries bad bad BAD accomoations, and now the beach. Result. Sort of....

we came here instead of El Salvador, via Copan Ruinas in Honduras, with the intention of going back through El Salvador. I have to say, 15$ to get into Copan ruins, and i was muchly underwhelmed, considering the bigger and more atmospheric ones in Mexico and Gaute were abot half the price and twice the size. Strange really. the town was really nice though, quiant and really really small..the smallest parque central i have seen yet), and really really hot.

Here in Nioca, we have been greeted by weather hotter than anything i can imagine.... if you stand half in the shower and half out, one side of your body sweats, i sh1t you not. And thats when the water is working! It seems we made a classic Nick decision and came here slap at the start of some massive strike / political dispute. Aparantly its all about the price of oil etc, and no buses are running, and it has a knock on effect to services.... now i dont see why
Copan Ruinas TownCopan Ruinas TownCopan Ruinas Town

Hi Ho Silver
they dont go and mount pickets outside OPEC embassies or see how chummy they can get with there buddy Chavez the looney in Venezuela, i think i must tell them its the same over the world and stopping buses wont really have much of an impact! Perhaps it will tho, the amount of gas they guzzle, might mean more for everyone else....

We got into Managua, the capital, and it was the nicest one so far. I say nice, it was less chaotic than others, cleaner, more like a city than a maelstrom of mentalness. We even went to a shopping mall of sorts to get some money and have a look around, there was a cinema, i bought a top (that Tracey says makes me look American. great. Her top made her look French :op ) and just enjoyed the aircon. Following this was the worst nights sleep ever due to the heat, followed by a 50$ private ride to Granada due to the lack of buses. Now we are in San Juan Del Sur on the Pacific coast, having had to escape inland for some respite from the heat, though it hasnt really worked that well.
Copan Ruinas TownCopan Ruinas TownCopan Ruinas Town

Typical street, off Parque Central

Surfing. That was a more important reason to come here, but i just asked about lessons and apparantly not cos the leftie psychos on the pickets at all the entries to towns get a bit rough i think if there is more than one person in a car, so no transport is going out to the surfing beaches. Marvellous huh. Current impressions of Nicaragua are not too favourable, all cos anything we seem to want to do cant happen! I have now decided to stuff any sort of lesson, just going to rent a board, try and get somewhere and throw myself into the 10 footers, cant be that hard right? Update to follow from T when i am drowned.

Its all followed on from a horrible experience at Dennys Beach in Guatemala, the place i was meant to do wakeboarding. well that didnt happen becuase Denny of Dennys Beach fame is basically i lying Canadian white supremicist fool, and we wasted so much time and effort getting there, it almost wiped us out and we havent really recovered any sort of good vibes,.... thinks havent fallen into place as such since then. My mood maybe affected by a blood disease perhaps...after i put my leg through the floor of a bus (true) and cut myself. hah, how tracey laughed at me. how i laughed at her when she did the exact same thing! honestly though, if my foot had gone a bit further we´d be talking foot reconstruction or prosthesis, you could feel the whir of the axle beneath!!

Thats the only thing of note really, not many tales to tell unfortunately, its just been a chore of buses, miserable bus drivers, and miserable lefties. 2 months in, i havent even come close to any flavour of watersports apart from showering. SHAMEFUL!

Maybe more has happened, who knows!......must sleeeep.....brain melting....shutdown.....

Better news next time i hope peeps
x x



Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

GranadaGranada
Granada

Volcan Mombacho. Would of been nice to climb, if Ice Suits were available....
GranadaGranada
Granada

View from the balcon outside the sweatbox...


Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0424s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb