San Juan del Sur


Advertisement
Published: October 20th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


so i have now come to terms with the fact it takes an entire day to travel 100 km. its awesome though because it costs you a couple bucks and you get to see the country side in a very slow moving bus full to the brim! all they need is tour guide on the buses and they could charge another 50 cents. in any event yesturday was a pretty epic journey into nicaragua. the border was anything but official. so slack and tons of guys around tryind to rip you off by changing your money or telling you that the buses arent running or the road are too bad to try and get you in their cab. thankfully we were traveling with some people that were wise to the way it worked and gave us the heads up. so after crossing the border we hoped on the chicken bus (no actual chickens) but jammed packed with ticos (locals). they dropped us off on the side of the highway and told us to walk down this desolate road. my instincts told me it was sketchy but grace was game to trust them. they said there was going to be a bus to san juan del sur and as we stepped off the bus the other bus went by.!! ha no worries the first flat bed truck that went by picked us up adn drove us teh 25 km to the small towm of san juan del sur. it was an awesome ride to whole way the fields were lit up with fireflies and the moon (for the first time since ive been here) poked through the clouds. and we were pretty lucky with our timing because as soon as we chose our hostel the torrential down pour began. and hasnt stopped since. ya go rainy season!! anyways this a pretty sweet coast village and i think that we are gonna hang out here a while and hopefully work on our spanish.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0382s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb